ISP blocking packets with protocol 41 ?

With both a 6to4 setup or a freenet6 tunnel I don't receive any reply to
my packets.

I'm quite sure my firewall have the correct holes, but I even tried removing
the firewall completely, just to be sure. Nothing. Tcpdump doesn't show
anything coming from the tunnel or the ppp interface.

I have exchanged few mails with the folks at freenet6 support and they
saw my packets coming in, the replies going out, but none was reaching
me.

I'm now quite sure that my ISP is blocking incoming packets with protocol
41, it seems strange to me, but no other explanation comes to my mind...

In June I had managed to use a 6to4 tunnel with the same ISP, so they
must have changed something in these two months.

Can you think of any other reason, apart from ISP problems, on why reply
packets can't reach my interface ?

Now I'll have to set up a modem PPP connection with another provider and
additional costs, just to use IPv6. And I don't like it...

My provider is Infostrada, one of the major providers in Italy, I'm
using their ADSL service, if someone else is using that provider and
ipv6, that would be great news for me.

A question keeps biting be, though: why someone would want to block
protocol 41 ? They aren't even offering IPv6 connectivity...

Daniele Venzano
Web: http://digilander.iol.it/webvenza/