Re: Many IPv6 addresses in /etc/network/interfaces ?

Pierre THIERRY <pierre.thierry@moine-fou.org> - Sun, Aug 03, 2003:

> For the moment, I have a problem giving many IP addresses to an
> interface, using the ifupdown pakcage. How can I do it? Two 'address' in
> an 'if' stanza are not acceped, nor two 'if' stanzas for the same
> interface.

 If you plan to use IPv6 for multiple machines, it might be worth it to
 configure an advertisement daemon such as radvd which is quite simple
 to run.
   I use /etc/network/interfaces on the gw with multiple address lines,

 Don't forget the -f inet6 for ip and -A inet6 for ifconfig if you're
 configuring ipv6 addresses.

 if you do not manage to add the addresses via the
 /etc/network/interfaces, I suggest using "up <command> || true" lines
 for the interface in question.

--
Loïc Minier <lool@dooz.org>