Re: 6to4 on debian instaliation?

On Wed, 28 May 2003, Peter Chubb wrote:

> Andrius> On Tue, 27 May 2003, Daniele Venzano wrote:
>
> >> I'm packaging, with the help of Fabio Massimo Di Nitto, a script
> >> that sets up a 6to4 tunnel. That is a step in the right direction,
> >> but I think that the software, as of today, is still not enough
> >> stable to release sarge with IPv6 as default.
>

> Actually, I think we need two tasksel-type packages:
> 	  ipv6-gateway
> 	  ipv6-host

If we are talking to implement IPv6 in the first postinstall phase (after
running debian-installer and the first reboot) then it is not a big
problem. There was a thread [1] right a few days ago about it. Perhaps you
might comment on it since the author was searching for ideas on how to do
that at tasksel stage.

Fabio

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-ipv6/2003/debian-ipv6-200305/msg00013.html

--
Our mission: make IPv6 the default IP protocol
"We are on a mission from God" - Elwood Blues

http://www.itojun.org/paper/itojun-nanog-200210-ipv6isp/mgp00004.html