Re: Recovering from multiple routers advertising routes

On Thu, 2003-05-22 at 03:27, Peter Cordes wrote:

> > Sure, I suppose so, at least on hosts that can keep enough state. Though
> > replacing a DHCP server would be a royal PITA!
>
>  If you could get the private key out and use it in the new one, it would be
> ok.

Yep, but that's always the easy case. The server suddenly failed, need
to get the network back up quick! is always the hard one.

> Otherwise, you might need to issue a "forget about this key" message,
> like I suggested might be necessary.  As long as nobody picked that time to
> set up a bogus DHCP server,

If its a hostile action, that'd be the _exact_ time someone would pick.
If we just want to stop mistakes, we just need a DCHP domain option. Do
the same thing as for the public key, but with a simple admin-defined
string.

A default config of an accidentally set up DHCP server would wind up
with a different string (empty, perhaps), so it'd be ignored.

> but #x#y leaves double quotes floating
> around.

Yeah, but in C, "a.b""@example.com" is the same as "a.b@example.com", so
you're fine.

>  I might just give up on the CPP macro.  Actually, I'm curious why my old
> .sig generated a warning from gcc;  I didn't know the preprocessor had such
> high standards for its tokens.

Because ## is supposed to paste things together to form a single token,
and the result was not a token. So GCC warns about it.

> Maybe it's a bug in gcc, but I'm not going
> to try to figure that out, so it would be good if someone who recently
> memorized the C standard could tell me whether it deserves a warning or
> not, and if so, why :)

Don't have a copy on me, so I don't know if it says a diagnostic shall
be issued or not.