Re: Recovering from multiple routers advertising routes

	Another thing you could have tried is if the engineers in
question still had the routers online or you did still have a legitimate
Cisco router sending out RAs is to setup the rouge RA prefixes with a
lifetime of 0... Let it run for awhile with this new lifetime and any
IPv6-capable box would remove the prefix from it's interface
automagically...

	A simple Cisco config might be something like:

interface <IPv6-capable interface>
 ipv6 nd prefix-advertisement <Rogue RA Prefix> 0 0 onlink autoconfig
!

	This should set the Valid and Preferred Lifetimes to 0 thus
telling any IPv6-autoconf capable interface to unconfigure those
prefixes if they are configured... This would have no affect on any IPv6
capable interface that did not get the rogue prefix either because they
were rebooted, weren't powered on until after the problem was fixed or
they manually removed them by whatever means...

	I got onto a co-worker that was managing our renumber when he
failed to add the line to remove our old prefix and then had typoed the
new prefix a couple times and rather than setting the 0 lifetimes he
sent an email recommending reboots...

	Regards,
	Jeremy
	one who gets paid to work with IPv6 also