Re: 6to4 with ifup/ifdown

I wrote:
>> By hooking /bin/ip so that I could see what options it was being called
>> with it appears that "ifup tun6to4" causes the following to be executed:
>> ip tunnel add tun6to4 mode sit ttl 64 remote any

>> This means that the "ip route add" command does not work :(

It turns out that I was wrong on this count - it is in fact the link up
command that fails.

On Mon, Apr 14, 2003 at 01:38:14PM +0200, Pierfrancesco Caci wrote:
> I use this with my setup (but it's not a 6to4 setup):
>    up ip tunnel change Gusp local 192.168.69.253 ttl 128

I tried this before but it fails because ifup seems to issue two commands
of its own choosing before it runs the up commands:

root:/bin# ifup tun6to4
ip tunnel add tun6to4 mode sit remote any
ip link set tun6to4 up
SIOCGIFFLAGS: No such device

Unfortunately it hasn't got round to changing the local address by the time
it tries to set the link up so it doesn't work :( At least I assume that's
what is causing the problem :(

--
Mike Crowe <mac@mcrowe.com>