6to4 with ifup/ifdown

I've successfully configured two of my Debian woody boxes to use 6to4 by
using a script full of calls to ip(8). I'd like to put the correct magic
into /etc/network/interfaces so that I can just use "ifup tun6to4"
etc. instead.

I'm having trouble getting the command to set up the tunnel right. In my
script I have:

ip tunnel add tun6to4 mode sit ttl 64 remote any local <my-ipv4-address>

In /etc/network/interfaces I have:

iface tun6to4 inet6 v4tunnel
      address <my-ipv6-6to4-address>
      netmask 16
      local <my-ipv4-address>
      endpoint any
      up ip tunnel change tun6to4 ttl 64
      up ip route add 2000::/3 via ::192.88.99.1 dev tun6to4 metric 1

By hooking /bin/ip so that I could see what options it was being called
with it appears that "ifup tun6to4" causes the following to be executed:

ip tunnel add tun6to4 mode sit ttl 64 remote any

This means that the "ip route add" command does not work :(

How do I convince ifup to append the "local <my-ipv4-address>" bit?

TIA

--
Mike Crowe <mac@mcrowe.com>