Re: IPv6 Sendmail+Milter

On Mon, 2003-04-07 at 20:40, Pim van Pelt wrote:

> If anybody's interrested, I could figure out what it was exactly that made
> things work (it was something in site.config.m4) and post that to this list
> so the .deb maintainers can see if that helps.

Yes, I would be very interrested.

I use debian 'woody' with a few more IPv6 enabled tools from other
apt-sources. Sendmail is already IPv6 enabled in the main distribution
so it's not one of thow suplementary IPv6 enabled tools.

For Spam checking and filtering I use MIMEdefang 2.31 and Spamassassin.

MIMEdefang 2.31 is also IPv6 capable, but everytime a host connects with
IPv6 to my MTA I get a 'unknown family 54' error from the milter.

The interresting thing is that outgoing mails via IPv6 work without any
problem.

So I contacted the MIMEdefang coders and told them my problem.
They told me to recompile sendmail and libmilter and make sure IPv6 is
enabled and that I use the same site.config.m4 for both, what I did, but
this still did not solve that problem.

I'm not realy a C coder, more sort of a user, so I don't want to mess
around with the makefile or whatever, so I would realy appreciate if you
could point me to the problem part.

-Benoit-