Re: Mass ipv6 lookups

Hi Wichert,

> Depends on how you define `effectively experimental'. A fair number
> of people are using it these days for real things. I receive mail
> via IPv6 for example and use IPv6 to log into my home systems (and
> hopefully soon work systems as well).

In many locations Linux is used for IPv6 routing, as well (thanks to zebra
and its good BGP4+ support).

We already do lots of stuff over IPv6, as well (from IRC over mail /
http / rsync / persistent ssh sessions over DSL etc). A general DNS
change to drop IPv6 support in sarge would be a show stopper for us.

E.g. mail.scram.de is currently running NetBSD (with IPv6 enabled SMTP,
POP3, IMAP, sieve, uucp, all with or without TLS), but we're about to
switch to a linux-ha based Debian cluster (running two hppa boxes) real
soon now :-)

--jochen