Re: Mass ipv6 lookups

On Fri Sep 27, 2002 at 05:5000PM +0200, Fabio Massimo Di Nitto wrote:

> On Fri, 27 Sep 2002, Michael Bergbauer wrote:
>
> > Could it be possible that the source of this "problem" is in the resolver
> > code in the libc, and not in tcp wrapper or one of ther servers?
> >

> that was my first feeling but it is not. the resolver perform queries only
> when asked to do that.

Sorry for asking a potentially stupid question, but how do you ask the
resolver to query AAAA records or not to do it? I e.g. see my telnet
program doing AAAA-Queries (watched with a sniffer) and in the sources, I
can only see gethostbyname() calls.

Is there somewhere a switch to turn on/off looking up AAAA records?
Perhaps Ramon is just looking for something like that.

--
Michael Bergbauer <michael@noname.franken.de>
use your idle CPU cycles - See http://www.distributed.net for details.