Re: IPv6 problem of an IPv4 user (part 2)

Wichert Akkerman wrote:

> Previously Jan Willem Stumpel wrote:
>> A bug, a feature, or something I omitted doing when upgrading
>> from potato to woody?

> A feature, it tries to do telnet over ipv6 first. You can
> prevent the DNS lookup by sticking an ipv6 address in
> /etc/hosts.
> Wichert.

Thanks! But..

1) How? What does the IPv6 version of my IPv4 local addresses look
   like?
2) Isn't this a rather doubtful feature? And shouldn't the upgrade
   process have taken care of this automatically? In order to
   prevent other naïve users, like me, from causing "LAN leakage"
   as a result of this feature?

Regards, Jan