IPv6 Archive status

Hi all,
	I just want to inform everyone about the status of some pkgs in
the ipv6 archive since it will be unmantained for the next 3 weeks.

apache

this is an hot one. there was a DSA a few days ago and we still do not
have ipv6 packages ready. Please consider seriously to downgrade the pkgs
in woody to 1.3.26-0woody3 and to upgrade sid and sarge when new pkgs will
be available in main.

postfix, postfix-tsl and postfix-snap

the packages in the ipv6 archive are more or less obsoleted. The actual
maintainer is very busy atm and he does not have time to work on them.
If noone can take care of them it will be removed when i will be back
in Dicember.

vsftpd

A new version has been uploaded a few days ago in sid/main but we didn't
reach to prepare new ipv6 pkgs. The ipv6 maintainer is anyway already
working on it.

xfree86

A new minor issue has been found right yesterday that affect xhost (bug id
#7). Please refer to http://debian.fabbione.net/x11.html for details.
The actual plan is to fix it, cleanup all the patches and start the
first submission for evaluation to the X Strike Force in Dicember if no
more problems will show up.

The following pkgs (that are actually maintained in our archive) have open
wishlist bugs on BTS to include IPv6 in debian directly:

ssh #<several> - the maintainers are working actively on it.

xmms #155955

wget #162046

ucspi-tcp-src #151550

netkit-rsh #165059

postfix #144840

djbdns-installer #107578 and #107579 - the maintainer is looking into it
 but Im waiting some information back.

webalizer does not have an open bug yet but i had a chat with the
maintainer and he is loking into the patch since he is interested in v6
as well.

Please feel absolutely free to add whatever is needed if i forgot
something.

Regards
Fabio

- --