Re: Ipv6 + freenet6

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alejandro Sánchez" <raciel@x0und.net>
To: <debian-ipv6@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Saturday, June 08, 2002 4:24 PM
Subject: Ipv6 + freenet6

> Somebody have configured an ipv6 connection? I have given support to
> ipv6 in the kernel and i want to start to use ipv6 with tunneling with
> ipv4. I am thinking in using freenet6 to that. Can anybody help me? I
> have read the ipv6 howto from ipv6.org and i dont understand so good
> that. If somebody can help me to configure in Debian freenet6 i great
> him.

Hi!

I installed freenet6 on two systems a few weeks ago and everything works
fine.
It should be pretty easy to install it so that it works.
First you should install the packages radvd and freenet6.
Then, please tell me which interfaces you have.

An example:

Important parts in /etc/freenet6/tspc.conf:
template=setup
server=tsps1.freenet6.net

if_tunnel=sit1

# if you have a userid and want a /48 prefix (I assume you do):
host_type=router
prefixlen=48
if_prefix=eth0
dns_server=your-server-for-reverse-dns

And /etc/radvd.conf (normally freenet6 creates this, in the Debian package
it does not because it would overwrite any hand-made radvd.conf)
interface eth0 {
        AdvSendAdvert on;
        prefix 3ffe:0b80:0a20:0001::/64
        {
                AdvAutonomous on;
                AdvOnLink on;
        };
};

freenet6 should do everything else for you. Simply execute
"/etc/init.d/freenet6 restart"
BTW, have you looked at http://www.freenet6.net/? There is a very simple
step-by-step installation guide and they also explain configuring
reverse-dns, etc.

PS: Don't replace eth0 with ppp0 if you use dialup. Usually you can not use
ppp with ipv6.