Re: USAGI IPv6 patches

Hello!

> No, we don't.  It is for SO_REUSEADDR.
> This prevents users from "narrow binding" DoS.

Well, it is the same...

As soon as someone listens on IPv6 wildcard, we cannot
allow another user to steal IPv4 connections.

Linux used to disallow such bindings completely. And this is right.
If we will decide to give up, we will have to check uids.

> but I could not convince them (including itojun :-)).

Well, as soon as itojun shares the viewpoint that mapped addresses
is bug, he already agreed. 8)

Alexey