Re: USAGI IPv6 patches

In article <[🔎] 22654.984732983@coconut.itojun.org> (at Fri, 16 Mar 2001 17:56:23 +0900), itojun@iijlab.net says:

> 	we cannot implement certain behavior into widely-usrd operating systems,
> 	just because "itojun dislikes it".

I should have said "some people dislike it," but I beleive you're
one, or more than one, of them. :-)

IMHO, we should enable ipv4-mapped address support by default
for RFC compliance.  And bind(2) with both of ipv4 and ipv6
should be accepted if IPV6_V6ONLY has been set to ipv6 socket
for compatibility with application already, wildly being used
on Linux Systems.

Note: This is not standarized and not implemented even in USAGI
kernels, but I believe it is reasonable and acceptable.

I'd like to talk about this issue with itojun, jinmei and others.
In IETF?

--
Hideaki YOSHIFUJI @ USAGI Project  <yoshfuji@linux-ipv6.org>
PGP5i FP: F731 6599 5EB2 BBA7 1515  1323 1806 A96F 5700 6B25