Re: Debian IPv6 packages

On/Dnia Sun, Mar 04, 2001 at 10:33:21PM +1100, Herbert Xu wrote/napisał(a)
> > Eh? Of course it does. If AI_PASSIVE is set in the request then the caller
> > intends to use the returned data to create listening sockets. Otherwise
> > they are to be used for connections.
>
> I stand corrected.  However, you still have to convince the glibc guys to
> do it.
draft rfc2553bis adds 3 new flags for ai_flags: AI_V4MAPPED, AI_ALL, and AI_ADDRCONFIG.

AI_ADDRCONFIG is what you need:

   If the AI_ADDRCONFIG flag is specified then a query for AAAA or A6
   records should occur only if the node has at least one IPv6 source
   address configured and a query for A records should occur only if the
   node has at least one IPv4 source address configured.  The loopback
   address is not considered for this case as valid as a configured
   sources address.

These flags are implemented in USAGI glibc, so just create nice patch and send
it to libc-alpha@.

--
Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz, AM2-6BONE    [ PLD GNU/Linux IPv6 ]
http://www.t17.ds.pwr.wroc.pl/~misiek/ipv6/   [ enabled ]