Re: Debian IPv6 packages

Previously Noah Meyerhans wrote:
> Unfortunately there is no mandate that a Debian package must include
> IPv6 support if possible.  That will make it very difficult for Debian
> to ever create a fully functional IPv6 environment even if it is
> possible.  Every mention of it on -devel that I've seen has met with
> enough resistance that IPv6 development continues to be relegated to us
> on this list.

I think the basic reasoning is that this list should help to make
and test IPv6 patches and work with upstream and the indiviual
maintainer to get patches merged upstream.

Most maintainers don't use IPv6 and have no way to test things, so don't
expect them work on it. But if you have a working clean patch that
a maintainer can easily include and that (very important) upstream
is willing to include thing will move a lot faster.

Wichert (who never got an ipv6 patch for strace from this list
for example).

 /       Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool     \
| wichert@cistron.nl                  http://www.liacs.nl/~wichert/ |