Debian mirrors in 6Bone

Greetings,

I am one of the persons taking care of ftp.fi.debian.org which will
later this year move to a new box. Besides the usual disk and memory
enhancements the new box is also connected to 6Bone.

After digging around, I did not find any documentation what is the
current status of Debian mirrors in 6Bone. DNS indicates that there is
a domain ipv6.debian.org with a couple of hosts, some respond to ping
but even those refuse ftp connections.

Our new box will not be a "second class citizen" with respect to IPv6.
It will have good connectivity and the same services available with
the both protocols. Maybe this new box could be a start for Debian
mirrors in the IPv6 Internet.

The new box is available over 6Bone with name debian.ip6.atm.tut.fi
Current services are ftp, http and rsync. The new box is updated by
the current ftp.fi.debian.org via push mirroring.

Comments, suggestions?

--
Heikki Vatiainen                  * hessu@cs.tut.fi
Tampere University of Technology  * Tampere, Finland