Re: EUI-64 and ifupdown problems

	Another possible solution is to run radvd on your network and not
use ifupdown at all to configure your ipv6 interfaces... This is actually
what I have being done on my internal network and it operates fine for all
the boxen (Debian, FreeBSD and Windows 2000)... I have radvd sending out
two prefixes in it's router advertisements (Site-local and Global scoped)...
None of the machines have any IPv6 interface configurations and are just
using the stateless autoconf to get configured... IPv4 addressing is either
done statically or via DHCP dependin on the machine in question... The
machine sending out the RAs then also has the IPv6 tunnel to HE.net...

	Respectfully,
	Jeremy T. Bouse

P.S. - Please don't Cc: to me and send to list... I don't need duplicate
copies of each posting... Thanks...

--
|Jeremy T. Bouse, CCNA - UnderGrid Network Services, LLC -  www.UnderGrid.net |