Re: Apache + IPv6 + mod_ssl

Craig Small wrote:

> Has anyone tried installing the ssl module into an IPv6 enabled apache?
> It seems it doesn't work for me with apache immediately bombing out with
> no messages or anything.
>
> If I have the line SSLEnable then it dies, if I do not, it doesn't
It works for me, SSL connections via IPv4 and non-SSL connections via
IPv6 work with the same apache. SSL via IPv6 did not work with Internet
Explorer though and I have not tried it with another client.

You can try for yourself on http://www.vianova.at/ (IPv4 and IPv6). The
versions running on this system are:
apache: 1.3.19-kame.20010309a.1
libapache-mod-ssl: 2.8.2-1

It might be that I have simply recompiled libapache-mod-ssl with the
apache-dev package with KAME patches installed, I am not sure at the
moment.

best regards,
Rene