Re: Annoying routing troubles (fwd)

The mail doesn't seem to have gotten through in past 3 days, so I'm
resending this. My apologies if there's a duplicate.

On Thu, 3 Feb 2000, Craig Small wrote:

> Pontus Lidman said:
> > I have three hosts; one gateway to the 6bone, and two clients.
> > client A can ping client B, the gateway, and 6bone hosts.
> > client B can ping client A, but not the gateway and no 6bone hosts. The
> > error is "address unreachable".
> Who's saying unreachable?

The misbehaving client B says unreachable.

> > Here is the routing table for client A:
> > 3ffe:200:13::2/128           3ffe:200:13::2  UC    0      2        1 eth0
> I think the C means a cache entry, whatever the hell that is
>
> > And the routing table for the misbehaving client B:
> > 3ffe:200:13::2/128           3ffe:200:13::2  UC    1      1        0 eth0
> OK, different metric.
> > ::/0                         ::              UDA   256    0        0 eth0
> Hmm D? You got some sort of routing daemon on this host?

Nope. I do run radvd on the gateway though.

> You probably want to compare /proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/all between them

They are identical :(

Also, pinging client B from the gateway, doesn't give "address
unreachable", just 100% packet loss.

I'm stuck :(

--
Pontus Lidman, pontus@mathcore.com, Software Engineer
No matter how cynical you get, it's impossible to keep up.