Re: Autoconfiguration

On Oct 09, Sean-Paul Rees <sean@seanrees.com> wrote:

[this happens with 2.4 kernels and did NOT happen with 2.2 kernels]

 >I just installed potato today (and later upgraded to woody) on my i686. I also
 >upgraded to kernel 2.4.0-test8, compiling in IPv6 support. For some reason,
 >I get the following message in the system log:
 >eth0: no IPv6 routers present
 >
 >I don't know what is causing it, especially since I know for a fact
 >that there is an IPv6 router present (my other boxes [although
 >FreeBSD]) configure to it just fine.

The ugly thing is that a bogus default route to eth0 will be created,
and if you don't have any tunnel configured connections to dual stack
hosts will hang waiting for the timeout instead of immediately trying
the v4 address.

Why such change?
How can I disable this annoying feature? I had to put this in my rc
scripts to work around it:

( sleep 30; ip -6 ro del default dev dummy0 ) &

--
ciao,
Marco