General support for IPv6 out of the box in Debian

Hello,

I noticed that there are now quite a lot of packages that have special
IPv6 versions in Debian, but quite few have IPv6 in the mainstream
packages. I think it would be better if the IPv6 support could be included
in the debian diff to the upstream package, so we could get more
IPv6-enabled programs in the main distribution.

I guess the problem is that most maintainers don't have the possibility to
keep the IPv6 parts updated or even test them properly. So wouldn't it be
great if Debian could offer 6bone tunnels to all package maintainers?

Since this hasn't been done already, I guess there must be problems? What
problems are there?

Regards,

Pontus

--
Pontus Lidman, pontus@mathcore.com, Software Engineer
No matter how cynical you get, it's impossible to keep up.