Possible bug in ssh-nonfree IPv6

Hello,

It seems inappropriate to report ipv6-specific bugs on ssh-nonfree in the
BTS, so I'm writing to this list. The bug could be in either the
ipv6-enabled sshd or the normal ssh.

When connecting to the ipv6-enabled sshd on my machine "h83", sshd (I
guess) segfaults towards the end of the login process.

Here's how:
--8<------------
willynilly:~% ssh h83.ryd.student.liu.se
pontus@h83.ryd.student.liu.se's password:
Warning: Remote host denied X11 forwarding, perhaps xauth program could
not be run on the server side.
Last login: Fri Jan  7 10:51:16 2000 from willynilly.mathcore.se
Linux h83 2.2.13pre17 #4 Mon Oct 18 20:09:07 CEST 1999 i686 unknown

Copyright (C) 1993-1999 Software in the Public Interest, and others

Most of the programs included with the Debian GNU/Linux system are
freely redistributable; the exact distribution terms for each program
should be described in the individual files in /usr/share/doc/*/copyright
or /usr/doc/*/copyright.

Debian GNU/Linux comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, to the extent
permitted by applicable law.
Command terminated on signal 11.
willynilly:~%

"willynilly" is a recently upgraded potato box with no ipv6 software
installed. "h83" is a recently upgraded potato box with ipv6-enabled ssh
software (ssh-1.2.26).

The problem does not appear when using "ssh -x" to disable X11 forwarding.

Is there any other information that could be important for the problem?

--
Pontus Lidman, pontus@mathcore.com, Software Engineer
No matter how cynical you get, it's impossible to keep up.