Re: Fwd: Problem installing openssh in debian-interix

Thanks Martin, SSH server is working when set to oldstable.

Ryagz

On 07/05/2013 06:45 PM, Martin Koeppe wrote:

On Tue, 2 Jul 2013, Raghavendra wrote:

So, How can i update my dpkg for debian-interix? I tried looking for any online help but didnt find much. Could you please explain more about "Maybe you can switch to stable for arch-all, or even oldstable.", does it mean to use older versions of OpenSSH? If so can please let me know how can i change the configurations.

- take a look at /etc/apt/sources.list, there should be at least these
   3 lines in it:
     deb http://debian-interix.net/debian-interix unstable35 main
     deb http://debian-interix.net/debian-interix unreleased35 main
     deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian dists/unstable/main/binary-i386/

In the last line, change "unstable" to "stable" and re-try to install.
If it doesn't help, try "oldstable".

After the change, run "apt-get update" before you try to install openssh-server.

Unpacking openssh-server (from .../openssh-server_1%3a4.7p1-9+interix.3_interix-
i386.deb) ...
/var/cache/apt/archives/openssh-blacklist_0.4.1+nmu1_all.deb

This error should go away with the change mentioned above.
But even if it doesn't, look for /usr/sbin/sshd. If it's there, then simply try to start it. Remember that the daemon won't be started automatically on debian-interix currently.

Martin