Re: Preferred IBus IM for Traditional Chinese

Hi,

On Mon, Feb 13, 2023, at 9:52 PM, Gunnar Hjalmarsson wrote:
> Hi all, especially the Chinese speaking members!
>
> Is ibus-chewing still the best IBus IM for Traditional Chinese?
>
> $ apt depends task-chinese-t-gnome-desktop
> task-chinese-t-gnome-desktop
>    Depends: tasksel (= 3.71)
>    Recommends: ibus-chewing
>    Recommends: gnome-initial-setup
>
> I ask because a user at Ask Ubuntu claimed that "the character selection
> is horrible", and I also see that upstream is not so active.

It is still the best IM for me, but I'm one of the maintainer for the libchewing project so I'm likely biased :-)

Recently upstream has become more active again. After the libchewing 0.6 release I plan to migrate chewing settings used by ibus to newer gtk version.

Anything else do you want to see added to the project? Let us know via issues or email list. We also have an matrix room although not many people are using it.

Kan-Ru