A various input methods are not provided for zh_TW users

Dear all,

I am currently at DebConf. We have users from Taiwan discovered that, under zh_Tw locale installation, the default input method framework Fcitx only contains chewing for traditional Chinese. All other Chinese input methods include 倉頡 will only results in simplified Chinese.

Does anyone know if Fcitx may support all the input methods for Taiwanese users? If it’s not, we probably should consider switch back to scim or something else eg: gcin, hime that supports a various Taiwanese input methods, eg: 行列、無蝦米、倉頡、大易….etc? Any suggestions?

And also the Taiwanese keyboard layout from xkb-data isn’t available for selecting while installation. Alper is trying to add that in D-I for future release.

Best regards from India,

-Andrew--
-Andrew