Re: Application to join the team

Hi again,

On 2020-04-22 00:50, Boyuan Yang wrote:
在 2020-04-21星期二的 22:37 +0200,Gunnar Hjalmarsson写道:
Actually I have a personal repo which I would like to transfer.

Last year I added the ibus-avro package to Debian and set up this
repo:

https://salsa.debian.org/gunnarhj/ibus-avro

I just cloned your project, put it under input-method-team namespace
and granted you a Maintainer role for this repo. Now you can manage
the new repo as well. Since ibus-avro never entered Debian Stable, we
do not need help from Salsa admins for repo move with url redirection
now.

Nice - thanks! Can I safely delete my project once I have uploaded with the new Vcs-* addresses?
I packaged ibus-avro, and just made an upload of ibus-unikey (with
your help), so it seems I tend to focus on input methods for
non-CJK scripts at the moment.

Btw, I think it would make sense to change the maintainer for those
two packages to Debian Input Method Team. If you agree, would that
be as simple as changing it in d/control? I'm currently the
maintainer of ibus-avro, and I will talk with the ibus-unikey
maintainer about it (have reasons to assume he will agree).

You can now change the repo contents for ibus-avro. For ibus-unikey,
I just set up https://salsa.debian.org/input-method-team/ibus-unikey,
which is an empty placeholder repo for now. It would be better if the
maintainer have acknowleged but technically you are able to make
changes already.

I'll wait until the current developer (who is the upstream author) has ack'ed. Don't want to make a 'hostile takeover'. :)

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson
https://launchpad.net/~gunnarhj