Re: [crosspost] dropping support for ia64

On 20.05.23 20:44, Joshua Scoggins wrote:
I believe they are Madison 6mb. I know they are not mad9's. The zx6000 I have is a rx2600 in the workstation plastic.

I like the design of those, it looks similar to the C8000 but "compressed". :-)

If you pop the panels off and remove the foot it is rack mountable. So your theory is absolutely correct.

 I also worked with someone back in the day on IRC and we determined that the expansion cage in a rx2620 was cross compatible with the rx2600.

Yeah, I think the rp3440/rp3410 (likely exact same case and likely same system board as the rx2600) could even be transformed into an rx2600 with a firmware upgrade, plus the Itaniums of course.

Same for rp4440 and rx4640 I think. But I never found out if that would also work in reverse.

Back then the Integrities had more in common with HPs older designs (like rp2470) than with the ProLiants taken over from Compaq. That changed somewhat later with rx2660 and others and not only on the outside.

Cheers,
Frank