Re: debian-installer grub-efi test image

On 4/30/19 6:13 PM, Pedro Miguel Justo wrote:
> First of all, I just tested the CD based installation and it seems to be working fine. I didn’t install all the way, but I got to the point where setup is running, and media is detected. I don’t think going forward from this point is relevant just for the purpose of testing ELILO vs GRUB.

Okay, thanks for the confirmation. I will commit the changes to debian-installer then.

>>  Okay, I wasn't aware that you were going this way. Please always include your
> individual steps of your installation procedure that I understand what you
> did.
>
> (snip)
>> What did you replace the EFI executable with? I'm not sure I understand what you mean.
>
> I replace the "bootnetia64.efi" that came in the debian-install tarball with the "grubia64.efi" that is put into the EFI partition when you install the OS. If you run that grubia64.efi instead, then the output is:
> (snip)
>
> And setup will proceed correctly. So, this is what mean by “replacing the executable”. In a nutshell replacing bootnetia64.efi with bootnetia64.efi and keep everything else in the tarball.

This pretty much sounds to me that the GRUB EFI executable from the netboot image is
really just to be used for netboots and not local boots using your particular hack.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz