GNOME desktop status on Debian IA-64

Hi,

Are there people running Itanium workstations with the GNOME desktop environment out there?

I'm experiencing several problems with my daily-updated Debian Squeeze installation.

The most "serious" is Debian bug #537572 (http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=537572) that I initially reported against GNOME 2.24. The switch to GNOME 2.26 didn't solve anything. GNOME 2.28 packages are progressively delivered to Debian Squeeze and I don't see improvements. I don't even know whether this problem is IA-64 specific, affects all 64-bit architectures or all architectures. Any hint?

I've also noticed that all the applications of the gnome-system-tools package are badly crashing. Try to configure e.g. the date and time with the appropriate tool in System/Administration (or invoking time-admin in a terminal) and you'll see what I mean. This problem was already there with gnome-system-tools 2.22. Current gnome-system-tools 2.28.1-1 still has this problem.

Altering the preferences of the Nautilus browser by clicking on the Edit/Preferences menu makes Nautilus crash. This is with current nautilus 2.26.3-1 package and may be related to bug #537572.

Am I the only one experiencing these issues?

Are you aware of other GNOME IA-64 specific problems?

Regards,

     Émeric