Re: GNOME desktop status on Debian IA-64

Hello Emeric,

as a GNOME ia64 user for about 5 years, I recall the constant crashes of Nautilus, but the version was certainly lower than that you are talking about. It was on my zx2000 machine with sarge and symptoms included regular crashes each time I changed the default application to open a file and sometimes it happened after working with checkboxes that do the same job as chattr and similar commands. Now I'm running etch on this machine and it seems that the problem was fixed but not completely, because my Nautilus crashes about 2-3 times a week without any visible reason, which is more frequently than one may consider normal for x86 machines :)

Unfortunately, I'm far from being experienced in this topic and would
appreciate any help in getting itanium GUIs stable :)

Regards,

Valery