Re: [Fwd: ia64 netinstboot image]

On Fri, 2008-09-05 at 12:08 -0400, Brian Szymanski wrote:
> I disagree -- bandwidth is not cheap for everyone, and it seems to me
> reducing the number of people who mistakenly download ia64 images is
> the right fix. I also don't like the idea of having fewer packages and
> a potentially tricky-to-get-right multiboot image on my CD for the
> silly people who do that.

Well, then perhaps we should just educate all the users.... oh wait,
that's not an option. IA64 (as an architecture) pre-dates amd64, em646,
x86_64 (or your preferred mnemonic) by years.

Perhaps a README.FIRST in the download directories could clarify a lot
of the confusion.
http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/4.0_r4a/ia64/iso-cd/

Or something short and pithy on http://www.debian.org/CD/netinst/ that
covers the same territory.