Re: Strange atof and strtof behaviors

Hi,

Would you like to know the end of the story? Here is it: http://lists.trolltech.com/qt4-preview-feedback/2008-01/thread00033-0.html

Sorry for the noise, this wasn't an ia64-, nor a Debian-specific problem.

Best regards,

    Émeric

2008/8/10 Émeric Maschino <emeric.maschino@gmail.com>
Hi,

The saga continues.

Today, I've updated my Fedora 9 "Sulphur" installation to Fedora Rawhide (development version) in order to close the gap with Debian Lenny.

My program is now also crashing with Fedora Rawhide due to the incorrect behaviour of atof!

So many packages have been updated that I cannot determine which one is the culprit. I've nevertheless tried to downgrade to the glibc, libstc++ and gcc packages provided by Fedora 9 "Sulphur", but it didn't help.

To summarize, the problem isn't limited to Debian and I don't know if it can be reproduced on a non-ia64 system.

Best regards,

      Émeric