Segfault when running /usr/lib/klibc/bin/sleep -- kernel 2.6.22-2-itanium from testing

I recently updated my IA64 install to the latest testing. Surprisingly, the initramfs did not work. I tracked the problem to /usr/lib/klibc/bin/sleep segfaulting.

I suspect someone has used Itanium-2 compiler flags, somewhere. My system is using dual 733MHz Itanium-1.

I'm hoping someone here has a clue to offer me. I'll wait a day, then file a bug, somewhere. :)

Thanks.