Re: java for the ia64 (Sun Java): only 1.4.x ???

Ted Knab wrote:
I have a the ia64 bit version of Debian running and I am looking for Java.

I was able to locate and install Java 1.4.2_10, but I read on the Sun site that Java 1.4.x is at end of life.

Does anyone know if the new NetBeans stuff will run on a ia64 ? If so, what version should I look for ?

Here is an old 2006 post about someone asking about Java 5 for a Windows ia64 bit.

I don't know if the Java ia64 bit ports are similar for both Windows and Linux, but this post scared me.

IBM x455 Itanium2 running Debian Sarge mckinley-smp kernel with Debian Etch packages.

BEA distributes a java VM and SDK for ia64 :

Benoit Welterlen
Open Software R&D
Bull, Architect of an Open World TM
Tel : +33 4 76 29 73 90