Re: Debian Status

On Mon, Oct 02, 2006 at 05:07:04PM -0700, Richard Harke wrote:
> Can anyone tell what is happening at debian with regard to ia64?
> When I try to do apt-get update it is not able to get the newest
> indexes. When I try to install new software, I get errors
> "Failed to fetch some archives" though it looks more like
> failed to fetch any archives.
> My sources.list is set to etch

I bet you haven't changed to use a second class citizen mirror.  If
you're still using ftp.us.debian.org, for example, you're not getting
ia64 reliably.  Look at http://www.debian.org/mirror/list
(and then use arch.country-code.mirrors.debian.net.  Though I'd like to
know where this tidbit of information can be found.)