Re: RFH: Please test swt-gtk on ia64

On 4/25/06, Ian Wienand <ianw@gelato.unsw.edu.au> wrote:
> > The azureus package is `Arch: all' and shouldn't require rebuilding.
> > Could you install libswt-gtk3-jni 3.0-6 (Arch: any) and azureus
> > 2.2.0.2-1 (Arch: all), and test azureus?
>
> (sorry, I've been away)
>
> If we're talking about the same thing (and maybe we're not) the
> Azureus package at
>
> http://packages.debian.org/stable/net/azureus
>
> is i386 only (from the control file).  It has a few .so's which I
> guess is why.  As I mentioned, I tried to build it for ia64, but can't
> get the dependencies.

You're right. I forgot azureus 2.2.0.2-1 was monolithic and came with
its own version of SWT. If you're die-hard, you should be able to
extract the Azureus2.jar from the i386 deb and test it. However, all I
really want to do is test SWT. To that end, the attached Hello.class
(using SWT) should work just fine. I've attached the source and a
compiled .class file.

Thanks for your help with this porting predicament.

Cheers,
Shaun

$ javac -classpath /usr/share/java/swt.jar Hello.java
$ java -Djava.library.path=/usr/lib/jni:/usr/lib \
	-classpath .:/usr/share/java/swt.jar \
	Hello "$@"
import org.eclipse.swt.*;
import org.eclipse.swt.graphics.*;