X with ATI

Hi,

I recently installed Sarge to my Intel SR870BH2, but I find that X will not
work.  When "gdm" runs it wipes the display clean and then nothing.  The
system is still running as I can log in via a serial port connection, but
the video is dead.  I try CTRL-ALT-Backspace and it does not recover.

I was wondering if anyone with an Intel Tiger2 or Tiger4 platform has gotten
X (gdm) to work on their systems?  If so, any problems?  I am trying to use
the V4 version of XF86.

Thanks,
-- Bob

PS: Note: This works fine under RedHat.