Re: kdevelop3 FTBFS on ia64 (segfault)

Hi Ian!

This is a bug with strip -g which makes the stripped object wrong.  HJ
has checked in a patch, however it just makes the linker abort, rather
than segfault, so at least we know what is wrong.

Thanks for taking the time to look into this!

It seems #342777 is in the same basket, so who knows how many
libraries have been built with this incorrect strip version.  Is there
any way to find out?

I have slapped together a script that extracts this information from the buildd logs for binary packages in 'libs', you can take a look here:

http://people.debian.org/~sharky/toolchain/ia64.html

This is a quick & dirty script, it probably needs some cleaning up, but it's a start. Moreover, it should be noted that it only works if the package was built using one of the buildds, so i386 output would be pretty meaningless..

If you find the data useful I can set up a daily cron job to keep the information up to date.

Cheers,
Jeremy

--
http://www.jerryweb.org/             : JerryWeb.org