Re: Endianity question

  Emil> I'm not completely sure what you mean by PSR.BE. Can I switch to this
  Emil> mode on existing kernel, or should I compile kernel with this flag on?

Others have already said that you cannot (easily) build a big-endian
Linux distribution.  I merely pointed out that an application can
(temporarily) switch to big-endian by turning on the PSR.BE bit (which
is a bit in the processor status register), if it knows what it's
doing.

If you need a big-endian OS on Itanium, HP-UX is probably your best
choice.

	--david