Re: Endianity question

Thank you David for help.
I'm not completely sure what you mean by PSR.BE. Can I switch to this mode on existing kernel, or should I compile kernel with this flag on?

Thanks
Emil

David Mosberger wrote:
On Sun, 22 May 2005 07:33:11 -0600, Alex Williamson <alex.williamson@hp.com> said:

  Alex> It's possible that big endian application could be supported
  Alex> on a little endian Itanium Linux, but I don't know the current
  Alex> state of that support.

As far as the kernel is concerned, this is fully supported: you can
turn on PSR.BE (big-endian mode) without any ill effects.  Of course,
you need to be careful that you don't call routines which _assume_
little-endian byte-order while PSR.BE is on.  This can be useful at
times when processing large amounts of big-endian data.

	--david