Re: ia64 stability problems on HP rx2600-2

David> [Resend with cc to debian-ia64 added back...]
> [...]
David> <michael@vistein.de> said:
Michael> see everything over MP again.  But if I choose the second
Michael> output device, I can see the kerenl boot without the need of
Michael> a console= line. But it says:

Michael> NET: Regi

Michael> and then everything hangs. I even have to reset the MP to get
Michael> access to the console again. Any hint?

David> Well, I really don't have any experience with this (I don't
David> normally use MP console) but I wonder whether something is
David> seeing a Ctrl-S and stopping console output (the next character
David> that would normally be printed is an "s").  Is this at 9600
David> baud?

Could be the Radeon DRM problem... as soon as it's initialised, the
machine locks up with interrupts disabled, in the early 2.6.11, late
2.6.10 series.  Try configuring out DRM.

--
Dr Peter Chubb  http://www.gelato.unsw.edu.au  peterc AT gelato.unsw.edu.au
The technical we do immediately,  the political takes *forever*