ia64 stability problems on HP rx2600-2

Hi,

we are using a HP rx2600-2 Itanium2 server, current Debian unstable
branch. Kernel 2.6.9-mckinley. It ran perfectly for about one week, but
suddenly started to make lots of trouble. Kernel panic every morning.
Yesterday startup took a very long time (maybe the reconstruction of the
Softraid md0 and md1 were to much for the SCSI bus?).
Are there any known recent bugs in the ia64 port?

Furthermore I can't use the 2.6.10 kernel image. It boots fine, but has
no serial console anymore. After ELILO the console remains dead (at
least the console visible throug the management board)

Michael Vistein