Re: ia64 stability problems on HP rx2600-2

Hallo,

David Mosberger schrieb:
> Can't help with that (I'm not using Debian kernels, just stock
> 2.6.LATEST).

Hm, didn't get 2.6.11.5 to compile, there seem to be code errors.

> This is a common problem.  I attached
> linux/Documentation/ia64/serial.txt.  The short answer is: 2.6.10
> sanitized console selection.  It's much better now, but _different_
> and that's causing hiccups for some configs.  The best way to fix this
> problem is to select a _single_ console device in EFI and then to drop
> the "console=..." option from the Linux command-line.  That way, you
> can be sure that the Linux console will always use the same device as
> the EFI console.

Thanks a lot. Not 2.6.10 is running, but its not clear to me how it works.

In EFI I can select mainly 3 devices (I think its first Serial, MP
serial and VGA, and the serials have ANSI, vt100 etc to chose). When I
select first serial or vga, kernel boots without output but fine. I add
console=ttyS3 and I can see everything over MP again.
But if I choose the second output device, I can see the kerenl boot
without the need of a console= line. But it says:

NET: Regi

and then everything hangs. I even have to reset the MP to get access to
the console again. Any hint?

Thanks,

Michael Vistein