Re: How are ia64 packages built?

> 	So I wonder - how are debian's ia64 packages built? GCC 3.3.3? -O2?
> That's what I would have assumed, but it doesn't seem that way. If an
> old package is built with the then current compiler and no bugs are
> filed against it, is it ever rebuilt with a new toolchain? _Are_
> packages always built with the current compiler?

Go to http://buildd.debian.org/ and look up your package. Most recent
build logs will list the toolchain versions at the top of the log.

If there are no new uploads by the maintainer then the package is not
rebuilt.

are you running the same kernel on both machines? Same version of glibc,
configured for similar options?

randolph
--
Randolph Chung
Debian GNU/Linux Developer, hppa/ia64 ports