Re: Installation on SGI Altix 350

On Thu, Apr 01, 2004 at 01:11:06PM +0200, Andreas U. Trottmann wrote:

> We are evaluating the SGI Altix platform, and got one with Red Hat
> installed.

Thanks to everyone for your quick replies!

It would not be a problem for me to have a debian distribution with
a custom kernel; in fact, if possible, I'd like to take a look at
the SGI pro pack's content and maybe install some of it on the
debian system.

For the "--force-overwrite" problem, I'll try to boot into Red Hat,
mount the debian partition, chroot into it and try to set up the
system into a bootable state that way. If anyone has any hints, feel
free to provide them :-)

--
Andreas Trottmann
Werft22 AG