Re: net-install: USB keyboard

On Mit, 31 Mär 2004, Matthew Wilcox wrote:

>On Wed, Mar 31, 2004 at 11:42:35AM +0200, Martin Kleinschmidt wrote:
>> I have an itanium machine with only 4 USB connectors, no ps/2 or other.
>> The USB keyboard is not recognized by the net-install CD's kernel (sarge).
>> The debian stable CDs do not boot at all.
>
>Which machine is it?  Woody CDs certainly boot on rx2600/zx2000/zx6000.

it's not an HP machine, it ist from www.quant-x.com .

I am completely new to debain. Yesterday, I installed gentoo, which runs
fine, but many applications are not available.

So I have 2 versions of linux running (gentoo and redhat 7.2).
Isn't it possible to install debian (on an empty partition) from one of
the other linux systems?
Something like copying a minimal system to the root partition, boot into
that and continue install?

   ...martin