Re: bug tracking problems?

David Mosberger writes...

> I found now that if I search for David.Mosberger@acm.org, I do find
> most of my reports.

Yeah it uses whatever address you used when filing it.

> Maybe my frustration is not with the bug-tracking system but with the
> fact that my reports are ignored, despite containing patches?

When sending patches to the BTS you might want to add a "patch" tag.
I have added the patch tag to #224715 and #224746. Also, as you
indicate in the report, #224344 is really a glibc problem so I have
reassign'd the bug there. Information on manipulating bugs is at,
  http://www.debian.org/Bugs/server-control
You don't have to do it yourself but if it's clear what needs to be
done it can help speed up the process.

All the bugs filed by David.Mosberger@acm.org are less than a month
old(and over a major holiday as well), so I'm not surprised they
haven't been dealt with yet. If they aren't fixed within a couple weeks
ask another debian maintainer to prepare a Non-Maintainer-Upload(or
prepare one yourself and get a maintainer to upload it for you).

Thanks,

--
Matt Taggart
taggart@debian.org