Re: Choppy MP3 and DVD playbacks

Hi again,

I installed a fresh Sarge distro on an other hp workstation i2000 using
the 09/30/04 Debian Installer ia64 mini.iso yesterday. GNOME was chosen
as the only desktop environment (no KDE packages were installed at all).

Same problem with MP3 and DVD playbacks as with KDE however. So this
issue isn't tight to the desktop environment. The problem is a little
different with DivX clips. Depending on the codec used to encode the
soundtrack, the clip playback is perfectly fluent (MPEG2 or MPEG4 audio)
or choppy (WMA2 audio).

Any hints or suggestions?

Thanks.